ASIA PACIFIC JOURNAL OF YOUTH STUDIES
The Asia Pacific Journal of Youth Studies (APJYS) adheres to the international standards on publications ethics. Submission of an article implies that:
- The contents of this manuscript are not under consideration for publication elsewhere
- The contents of this manuscript have not been copyrighted or published previously EXCEPT in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture or academic thesis;
- The work is originally from the Author and there is no falsification, fabrication of data or plagiarism including duplicate publication of the authors’ own work without proper citation;
- All authors of this article have directly participated in the planning, execution, or analysis of this study;
- All authors have no conflict of interest associated or affiliated with this publication; and
- All authors of this paper have read and approved the final version submitted.
- Authors are required to transfer copyright form upon acceptance of an article.
- Upon acceptance of an article for publication, Authors will be asked to transfer copyright. This transfer will ensure the dissemination of information in various platforms across the country. A notification will be sent to the corresponding Author confirming receipt of the manuscript.
- If excerpts from other copyrighted works are included, the Author(s) must obtain written permission from the copyright owners and credit the source(s) in the article with proper citation.
Personal Data Protection Policy
Rest assured that any personal data shared with us will be guarded with utmost confidentiality. We do not share your personal details which is collected by us when you register and submit your manuscript on our website. The journal also complies with every standard under the authority of the Malaysia Official Secrets Acts 1972 which ensures that the information provided will be kept private and confidential and treated with respect to your right to privacy.
Open Access and Licensing Policy
Asia Pacific Journal of Youth Studies (APJYS) published by Institute for Youth Research Malaysia (IYRES) is an open access journal. All articles published under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY). This license permits unrestricted use, distribution and reproduction provided that the authors, citation details and publisher are clearly identified. For any reuse or distribution, users must include the copyright notice and make clear that the article is made available under a Creative Commons Attribution licence. Please inform the publisher when the article is reused or distributed.
All articles are accessible via the journal’s website and selected indexing databases
There is no submission charge or article processing charge (APC).
The journal accepts manuscripts written in English and Bahasa Melayu. Manuscripts in Bahasa Melayu must also submit title, abstract, keywords and reference in English.
Peer Review Policy
To maintain a high-quality publication, each manuscript submission undergoes a rigorous double-blind peer review process in which the identity of both the reviewer and author are always concealed from both parties. All submitted manuscripts are treated as confidential documents. We expect our Editorial Board and reviewers to treat manuscripts as confidential material as well.
Starting with initial screening by Internal Editors and if it meets the journal criteria, it will then be sent to Executive Editors for evaluation process. If found to be quality, meets the aims and scopes of the journal and worth reviewing then the manuscripts will be sent to two reviewers as suggested by the editorial board.
Editors and reviewers involved in the review process should disclose conflicts of interest resulting from direct competitive, collaborative, or other relationships with any of the authors, and remove oneself from cases in which such conflicts preclude an objective evaluation. Privileged information or ideas that are obtained through peer review must not be used for competitive gain.
The reviewing process may takes up to 2 – 3 weeks from the date of receipt of the article. Where manuscript revision is required, authors are urged to ensure that the necessary corrections are made before the manuscript can be accepted for production.
All publication decisions are made by the journal’s Chief Editor on the basis of the referees’ reports. Authors of papers that are not accepted are notified promptly.
Should be noted that simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to different journals will not be tolerated.
All articles published in Asia Pacific Journal of Youth Studies are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License which under the following terms:
- Attribution – You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions – You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
You are free to:
- Share – copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt – remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.